Call for nominations
In a continuing effort to promote Photobiology, the European Society for Photobiology (ESP) offers a Young Investigator Award to a young researcher who has conducted original research of exceptionally high quality in a field related to Photobiology.
The award will be presented at 19th Congress of the European Society for Photobiology, which will be held under virtual congress format over 4 days in Salzburg (Austria), from August 30 to September 3, 2021, where the awardee will deliver a plenary lecture.
Previous awardees were:
- Matteo Grattieri and Pilar Acedo (2019)
- Ilaria Testa (2017)
- Alex R. Jones (2015)
- Abhishek D. Garg and Katie M. Dixon (2013)
- Scott N. Byrne (2011)
- Cristina Flors and Gonzalo Cosa (2009)
- Virginie Lhiaubet-Vallet (2007)
- Jean-Yves Matroule (2005)
- Christoph Abels (2003)
You are warmly encouraged to nominate a candidate for this Award.
The nomination letter from an ESP member must be accompanied by:
- A motivation letter in favour of the nominee;
- A CV and a list of the publications of the nominee in decreasing order of relevance;
- A short description of the actual research activities of the nominee.
For eligibility candidates should be 35 years old or less and ESP Members in good standing at the moment of their nomination.
Older candidates can be considered where there is evidence of a career break, i.e. maternity leave .
Nominations should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by June 7, 2021 at the latest. The nomination will be examined by the Education and Training Committee and approved with an indisputable decision by the Executive Committee.