The European Society for Photobiology (ESP) is pleased to announce the continuation of the ESP Supplement to the PhD Degree to give professional recognition to higher education in Photobiology, thereby increasing the professional value of the ESP younger members and the societal visibility of the ESP.
- The candidate must be an ESP member at the time of application.
- The candidate must hold a PhD degree for a thesis in Photobiology.
- The candidate must have attended the Photobiology School and passed the final exam.
- The candidate must have presented a communication at an ESP Congress.
- The candidate must have published at least one paper in the field of Photobiology in Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences (PPS) or in other international peer-reviewed journals of comparable quality.
The applications will be examined by the Education &Training Committee of the ESP who will make a justified recommendation. The final decision will be made by the Executive Committee of the ESP.
A Certificate will be issued with the signatures of the ESP President and the Chair of the Education & Training Committee.
The awards will be announced at the next ESP Congress and presented during the General Assembly.
Submission of applications:
The application letter must be accompanied by:
- A copy of the thesis.
- An academic certificate by the University that has awarded the PhD Degree.
- A concise CV of the applicant.
- The certificate of attendance of the Photobiology School and the certificate of having passed the final exam.
- A copy of the abstract submitted to an ESP congress.
- A copy of the paper(s) in the field of photobiology published in Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences (PPS) or in another international peer-reviewed journal of comparable quality.
For any question about the submission procedure, please contact Francesco Ghetti (firstname.lastname@example.org).